Short, Medium, and Long-Term Goals
- An institutional structure will be established in order to achieve the determined goals and objectives effectively.
- Centers focused on research, training, and production (Bee and Bee Products Research and Development Center, Bee Pests and Diseases Diagnosis Center; Bin-Ekolab Center where socio-economic analyzes will be done, and Farmer Training Center, etc.) will be founded.
- The flora of the pilot basins has been determined and reference pollen collection will be prepared.
- Bee pasture and honey forest will be founded.
- Geographical factors affecting the beekeeping sector and plant production will be determined.
- Beekeeping museum, apitherapy center, beekeeping training areas, bee production areas etc. will be founded. A multipurpose beekeeping complex will also be built where the plants most visited by bees are grown.
- Awareness will be raised with various training programs.
- New programs/departments/faculties/graduate programs/institutes related to the field of specialization will be established, and elective/compulsory courses will be opened.
- Conferences, panels, and workshops will be held.
- The amount of honey per hive will be increased.
- The necessary markers will be determined for the region-specific honey standards.
- New products with high added value associated with bees will be produced.
- Geographical (climate, topography, etc.) data of the pilot areas will be mapped with GIS methods.
- Honey and Ethnobotanical Festivals, National/International Regional Development Workshops/ Panels/Symposiums will be held.
- The accreditation of the Research Laboratories of the Bee and Bee Products Research and Development Center will be accomplished.
- Thematic Technopole/TEKMER and Technology Transfer Office on Food and Agriculture will be established within the University.
- The honey and bee products brand which meets the new International Accreditation Criteria will be generated.
- The honey yield will be increased to the desired level by increasing the number of the new and specialized producers.
- Within the scope of the Specialization Program, an expert academic staff will be formed and individuals with the qualifications needed by the region and the country will be trained.
- Potentials of using bee and bee products in complementary medicine (Apitherapy, Apiair) will have been determined and relevant treatment centers will be founded.
- Enriched forms of added-value active ingredients will have been obtained and the establishment of research and development centers for mass production will be accomplished.
- New employment areas will be created, women and young people in rural areas will be employed in these areas, and the contribution to reduce migration from rural to urban will be made.
- Our university and our province will become a model center in the field of agriculture and basin-based sustainable rural development.
- The number of small, medium and large enterprises in our province will be increased. BÜBİN-TTO will lead the necessary project work for the establishment of new enterprises related to machinery, food, informatics, agriculture and livestock.
In 2020 and beyond, activities including awareness, innovation, innovative approaches and new marketing strategies will be carried out along with the activities aimed at the accomplishment of short, medium and long-term goals;
- Local beekeeping and bee breeding projects,
- Increase of added value with yield and new brands for bee and bee products
- Developing modern and model marketing strategies
- 3D and 4D virtual herbarium
- New innovative products (bee feeding, products that can be used in different industries)
- Strategy projects for increasing the existing tourism opportunities in the province (Api-tourism, monitoring the migration of beekeepers to the tablelands, demo beekeeping, etc.) are aimed to start with project calls at the end of 2020.